August 30, 2009

The Saint-Lawrence River and the Pirates (August 27th & 28th, 2009)


A trip to the beach by the Saint-Lawrence River got quickly transformed into a guided tour as my Mommy explained everything she remembered about the Lachine's Rapids. The beach was closed as a lot of students are already back to school... We will be back next year!

Grand-maman and Charlotte had fun during our turtle pace walk by the river.

Mommy is walking so slowly as she is getting closer to delivering her watermelon as she calls it!


One of the highlight of our tour was to observe a groundhog standing a few feet away from us. Mommy later told me that we have one living right under our house. I was so happy to learn that! Mommy says it surely beats having a skunk or a raccoon as a guest!


Mommy invited Charlotte to stay with us for a few days as I ask her constantly to see her over the last few weeks! Nagging does wonders! We continued with the river theme and decided to go on a pirate boat tour of the Saint-Lawrence River.


This time Tante Caro came along. Mommy needs a lot of help by now... it was officially her last big outing before the arrival of the baby. That's what she says, I will keep on nagging and she will cave and will do lots of things before the baby comes into my world.
Look at her, she doesn't look that bad! Yes, I am running out of room to sit on her lap but we manage.


I had to honor to meet Monseigneur Chomedey de Maisonneuve, the nice pirate that founded Montreal 367 years ago! I discovered a whole lot of things about Montreal that I already forgot about... but I will not forget my first boat cruise aboard a pirate ship!


Mommy finally got around to bring me to Mamie to wish her a happy birthday! I got her a nice garden troll to thank her (Papie and Stephanie) for all their hard work around the outside of the house. We have beautiful plants and flowers on our lawn without the invasion of the million weeds! The same day, I got to play with Sofia, Johanne and Arthur. There's a lot of love and joy in this house, I had such a great time, I did not want to leave! We will be back for sure now that Sofia can walk and keep up with me.


I had a little discussion with my gentle pirate. I followed him everywhere on the boat. Mommy was afraid I was stalking him, but I was not! I asked him if he likes swimming... he says he does not take too many baths, but he still smells good, that's weird, isn't?

No comments: