June 25, 2012

Our first trip to the USA! (June 24th, 2012)


We finally crossed the border together! We went on a fun one day trip with Christine and Pierre to the beautiful state of New York.


We went to Ausable Chasm. We were clueless that something so beautiful was located just over an hour away from our house!


We got to see landscape worth of a science-fiction movie. The geology geek in mommy was very happy.



Everywhere we looked there was something great to see! maya said.



At five I got to go down a river at the bottom of a canyon. I was beside myself!


Christine was excited for us. She was so happy to make us discover such a nice place.



Gabriel was excited to go on a boat but tired for waiting an hour under the hot sun.


Thank goodness daddy was there!

 

This is the view from the boat. We could not take too many pictures because we had to hang on and paddle as well! We got wet a little from the rapids at some point 



There is even a small hydro-electric dam there. We stayed a little while there. Long enough for me to buy a Canadian flag in this American gift store on Saint-Jean-Baptiste day! We headed for MacDonald since it is the only place where Christine and I are not allergic to everything on the menu!



We headed to the beach by Champlain Lake right after our delicious meal.



Christine is like a little kid! She is so much fun. I love hanging out with her. I gave her the permission to dig a trench all the way to the lake!



We had so much fun building sand castles. We are so lucky to go to the beach two days in a row! We went to Rawdon with Brandon and Mia yesterday. Unfortunately no one took pictures of that great day!



We took loads of pictures this time around! I even caught a butterfly with my net!



Can you see the yellow butterfly I caught and released a few minutes later. I was so proud of myself!



Gabriel loves the beach and the water. He was all smiles and no fuss, except about wearing a wet bathing suit! Yes, a dry one is OK, but not a wet one!


Thank you so much Christine and Pierre for this unforgettable adventure! They even stayed for supper! We can do so many things when we leave the house at 8:00!


I love the beach too, can you tell? 



The water was so warm, I was trying to make sand angels here!



We will be back at Pointe au Roche Beach NY for sure this summer!






No comments: