July 21, 2008

July 2008 Busier than Ever...

Let me inhale a deep breath before I start this blog... We have been so busy it feels like I forget to breathe. My asthma is acting up a lot lately, probably partly because of that! I have a lot to tell you, so let's get started...

Maya just turned 21 months today... and Daddy 33 yesterday.


Maya is a very busy toddler (they all are I know). She is climbing, running, screaming, dancing, singing, talking, eating and pooing all at once!



We celebrated Canada Day in the Old Port. It was packed with kids and immigrants, it was great. Maya really enjoyed using the little cars for a ride and she liked jumping on the inflatable toys.

It was a very hot day and somewhat overwhelming for all of us! Can you find Waldo ( I mean Maya)?


Maya gladly inherited an old car left on the curb on garbage day... One wheel is oddly bent, but our little miss sunshine does not care one bit. Look at her driving skills, holding the wheel with her feet while holding on to a bubble maker (a fantastic toy by the way)!


Why are we so busy... Well Daddy is a camera man and an editor for a news station while Mommy is teaching grade 9 math summer course to a whole new crowd than what she was used to! Thank goodness the summer course is only offered from July 14 to August 1... It was insane of me to volunteer to do this job. Merci Grand-maman, without her the whole thing would not be even possible.



Grand-maman is the best babysitter in the world. She plays with Maya all day and teaches her tricks (good ones unlike Daddy!) Play-Doh is such a fun game, but one daddy pretends it's coming out of his nose when he sneezes... well Maya loves putting stuff into her nostrils now!

On the weekend or just before Mommy started teaching, we got to have playdates. Maya enjoys playing with Maribel's toys while Maribel is fascinated just to observe Maya playing! It used to be Maya doing just that a year ago!


Maya and Elizabeth got acquainted chasing Tiger (Stephanie's cat) around. Poor little Miaow Miaow... There is a nice videoclip about that later on.

We had a grand time going to a campground where my aunt and uncle were staying in Orford. It was beautiful by the lake. We also witness one of the craziest rainfall of our life. It was the longuest full on downpour I ever saw!

Another place we love hanging out at is at Mrs Nicol's! Here we were swimming with baby Aurelia and Mommy Marianna. It's the only pool Maya will swim in nowadays. It is heated to a perfect 86 degrees. Otherwise, she will only go into a hot tub! Maya is spoiled or cherished depending who you are talking to.


Maya is a talking machine now. We don't understand everything she is saying, but we are getting there.

We miss you all Vancouver friends and think of you everyday. Let us know how you are doing and what is going on in your lives. It's pretty hectic for now, but when we settle in I hope I get to phone all of you and catch up. We love you.

Here is two clips (by the way I got Jason a router so we now have access to the Internet even when Maya is sleeping).

On the first one Maya climbs a slide for the first time ans Shirley and Carson are cheering on. I know I'll have to teach her to go around the slide and use the stairs...I'll do that later!

On the second clip, Maya is feeding and chasing Tiger with Aunt Stephanie. Enjoy!

No comments: